Hello! My name is Paige Foster and I am a freshman at Missouri Western. I was born and raised right here in St. Joseph and have never lived or really been anywhere else. I attended Lafayette High School and I came to Missouri Western because this was basically the next step. I guess i never really even considered not going to college and this wasn't really a huge transition for me considering the college is right here in my home town. I feel very fortunate to have my college so close to home and intend to take full advantage of it. I plan (so far) to get a degree in elementary education and hopefully become a kindergarten teacher somewhere in town or possibly a town not too far out of St. Joe. I am also considering going into special education because i feel that it would be a very rewarding job. Nothing is set in stone yet, but right now I like the direction my life is heading in.
I don't have spare time. If im not at school im working. I work at a smaller grocery store in the northend of town called Roger's Green Hills. I work 6 days a week, just about full time. Other than trying to keep up with school and surviving a shift at my job i try to make time for friends, family, and sleep! I was never reallyb into sports and found out at a very young age that i am extremely un-coordinated and not so graceful. :(
Overall, I am just finding out who I am and who i will be in the future. All through school i stayed with the same people I am finding new things out about myself everyday. In the future i would like to have a steady stable teaching job be married and definetly have children. I love kids more than anything and that is why I plan to work with them in the future. Well, i hope you learned a little bit about me and i can't wait to get to know the rest of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Paige,
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like we have a lot in common! I am also majoring in elementary education and love working with kids. I'm also considering special education, but don't know if I have the patience to work with these kids.
Are you an only child?
Crystal
I'm glad you found an area of interest! You will do well in that area.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are extremely busy! If you are worried about the money, you can always try your hand at serving (though it isn't the most glamorous job)! Did you work that many days last semester?
Hey Page,
ReplyDeleteIts good that you are passionate about what your studying. I wish I had enthusiasm like towards something! Do you want to work with older kids as well or just young ones? I'm also jealous you have such a good job. If they are ever hiring, let me know!
Have you ever wanted to travel and get out of missouri?
Scott