Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Project Proposal: Hip Hop Revolution
In my paper I plan to discuss the way females are portrayed in hip-hop. I plan to discuss no tonly male rappers, but female rappers as well. I am going to discuss the way females are degrated, and sexualized in most of the lyrics. I will touch on counter-points such as strong women rappers, and some positive portrayls of women in hip-hop. My audience is going to be women themselves. I will write directly to them so they can understand how they are being portrayed. I will persuede women to push against that portrayl and prove the rappers wrong that call them "bitches" and "hoes". I will tell them that as a plan of action to live their lives with dignity and know who they are as a person, and never let a man/woman judge them or degrade them. So far, i don't know a whole lot, I need to research this topic a bit more, but I have listened to lots of hip-hop in my life and have heard the lyrics regarding women.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think this is a good subject to do your paper on. And you can also talk about the women rappers who use sex to sale their records and why they have to do that
ReplyDelete