Monday, April 12, 2010

Project Proposal 4

For paper 4 I am going to revisit paper 1. In paper 1 I discussed young girls getting plastic surgery and how it is a bad decision and often done for the wrong reasons. The text I plan to create is a biography of Heidi Montag. I plan to target young women ages 12-25 in America. I want to stress the importance of self-esteem and loving yourself for who you are. Heidi Montag is a perfect example because she was once a naturally beautiful girl, who became a reality TV star. She started with getting breast implants and once she became more and more successful, the surgeries multiplied. She was reported on having 10 surgeries in one day, and this is something she is proud of. The reasons behind these surgeries are all body image related. She does not view herself as the world sees her and I feel that is a significant problem for a lot of young women in this country. I want to use her as an example for young girls of what not to do. I am going to reveal some psychological issues as well as body image issues. I plan to also include before and after pictures and discuss her emotions as she has gone through this process as well her friends and families reactions.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great text to create. Montag is a perfect source. Have you read the People magazine article that discusses the extent of her surgeries? That would be a good starting point. But what objective do you want to discuss? What do you want your audience to do?In the People magazine article, she discusses what it takes to be a pop icon. What does she need to do to make it into the pop industry. This would be a good focus for your biography.

    ReplyDelete