Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Project Proposal: Female Chauvanist Pigs

For this paper i plan to write about America'a obesession with "hotness". I plan to use Playboy and Girls Gone Wild especially to support my argument. I am going to discuss women's "reflex" to allow themselves to get a certain kind of attention, and how they feel it empowers them. Also, I want to talk about Katie Couric and the olympian athletes who feel the need to display thier bodies for extra attention, when they already have so much talent that should be more than enough credit for them to go off of. The athletes want sexiness and athletic ability to be paired together because they feel like women athletes aren't considered sexy or "hot". Katie Couric showed cleavage and announced that her breasts were "real" to show her "fun" side (as she put it) but in fact it just pleases men and thier own sexual fantasies. I hope to get to the bottom of WHY American women need to feel "hot" and "sexy" and HOW we all buy into in some way.

2 comments:

  1. Good. I'm glad that you have chosen actual examples, but you have a broad focus. I recommend looking at one example, which will strengthen your argument. Katie Couric would be an excellent candidate for discussion. She is an ideal woman in society of importance. She is a professional and for her to do something like this...well, what does it say? What message does it send to her audience? To men? Can she be taken seriously?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What exactly are you addressing about hottness? Will it apply to men, women or both. I am curious to see how it affects society and has became such an important issue. I would like to read how people act in their daily like routine to get hot and the expenses they pay. What does it do for a person to be considered hot?

    ReplyDelete